Vision and values
Waikato Museum, Te Whare Taonga o Waikato is the artistic and cultural heart of our city. We value and celebrate our rich and diverse cultural heritage, particularly with respect to our relationship with iwi, and also our region's artistic vibrancy and flair for scientific innovation.
We achieve this through:
- The collection and care of the region's heritage and taonga
- Sharing stories via informative, inspiring and engaging experiences
- Stimulating awareness, understanding and enjoyment in the community
- Communicating and celebrating our special partnership with Tainui
- Providing a rewarding and popular visitor attraction in the region
Our brand values
Bicultural - We are guardians of our culture and heritage and are committed to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi.
Diverse - We recognise and express multiple ways of looking at the world.
Authentic - We communicate with our community with integrity and respect to produce accurate visitor experiences.
Passionate - We work together with energy and enthusiasm to produce work that is relevant and innovative and that the community has ownership of.
Accessible - We make knowledge, information and ideas readily available to all.
Environmental - Our commitment to sustainability is genuine. We are continually reimagining and refining our practices to lessen our environmental impact.