Call for proposals from musicians/groups: Sunday Sounds at the Museum
29 June 2015
Waikato Museum is seeking applications from local musicians interested in performing at Sunday Sounds at the Museum, a series of free afternoon concerts on the first Sunday of every month from 6 September to 6 December 2015.
We are looking for a range of styles and set ups from groups and individuals that reflect the cultural mix found in our community. As these concerts take place in our galleries, acoustic or semi-acoustic performances are preferred. For example, you may be a band playing unplugged, a choir, a singer songwriter or a cultural performance group.
Like to know more?
• Selection will be made by Waikato Museum from supplied demos. Musicians will be selected on the quality of their music not the quality of their recording.
• Concerts are scheduled from 3pm – 4pm. Successful groups/musicians need to be able to play a minimum of 40 minutes of music.
• Payment for each concert is $350.00. Performers will need to complete a Hamilton City Council supplier contract (if not an existing supplier) and invoice Waikato Museum payment which may include withholding tax.
Interested? Please send us details by Friday 10 July 2015, including:
• Your name and contact details
• Band or stage name if applicable
• A short CV of your music career to date i.e. where and when you have performed previously
• A demo CD, or a link to a website e.g. You Tube or Bandcamp.
You will hear from us by Friday 17 July 2015.
For more information or to apply please contact Louise Belay, Partnerships and Communications Manager firstname.lastname@example.org