Calling all musicians! Sunday Sounds at the Museum.
12 June 2014
We are seeking Waikato musicians to fill our galleries with music. Waikato Museum in partnership with Hamilton Live Music Trust is continuing our successful Sunday Sounds at the Museum, a series of 11 concerts on the first Sunday of every month from August 2014 to June 2015.
We are looking for a range of styles and set ups. However, please note this is for Sunday afternoon sessions so acoustic or semi-acoustic is preferred. For example, you may be a band playing unplugged, a choir, a singer songwriter or cultural group. If you would like to play we would love to hear from you.
Like to know more?
• Selection will be made by Hamilton Live Music Trust and Waikato Museum from supplied demos. Musicians will be selected on the quality of their music not the quality of their recording.
• Musicians will need to be able to play a minimum of 40 minutes of music. However, you may apply to perform with several others to share a concert, but please note you would also then need to share the payment.
• Payment for each concert is $350.00. It will be necessary to fill out a supplier contract and this may include withholding tax.
Interested? Please send us details about yourself by the 27 June 2014, including:
• Your name and contact details
• Band or stage name if applicable
• A short CV of your music career to date. i.e. where and when you have performed previously
• A demo CD, or a link to a website e.g. You Tube or Bandcamp.
You will hear from us by 3 July 2014.
For more information please contact Sybille Schlumbom, Public Programmes Coordinator - email@example.com